Veterans Advisory Committee
The Veterans Advisory Committee is a body appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- The Board of Supervisors created the Veterans Advisory Committee on September 21, 2021.
- The Board of Supervisors recognizes all whom have served in the armed forces beginning with the Revolutionary War and all wars and conflicts where men and women have served the United States of America to protect our inalienable rights, Constitution and way of life.
- The establishment of the Veterans Advisory Committee will serve to create awareness of the issues faced by veterans and active- duty members; provide support and resources to veterans and military families in the community and develop methods of recognizing the service
of its veterans and resident military and their families.
- The Veterans Advisory Committee consists of five (5) Doylestown Township residents and one (1) Board of Supervisors Liaison. Meetings will take place every other month with the intention of making recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on ways to honor our
- Veterans and those who have served and reside in Doylestown Township.
Please direct all correspondence to:
[member’s name], Veterans Advisory Committee
425 Wells Rd.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the 4th Thursday, every other month at the Doylestown Township Municipal Building.
Next Scheduled Meeting
|Veterans Advisory Committee||
May 25, 20237:00 PM
|Ryan Manion||Board of Supervisors Liaison|
More in Veterans Advisory Committee
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 2:00pm- National Vietnam Veterans Day- 315 North Street Doylestown, PA 18901- hosted by The Albert R. Atkinson, Jr. American Legion Post 210 in partnership with the Department of Defense is hosting a recognition ceremony for all Vietnam Era Veterans. All veterans of this era and their immediate families are invited. In addition, the members of Post 210 extend invitation to family members of veterans we lost during the conflict. They would like to specially recognize “Gold Star” Mothers. If you know of anyone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that Post 210 can make a special recognition. In addition, Mission Barbecue located at 25 East Street Road Warminster, Pa 18974 is recognizing Vietnam Vets by providing a FREE Sandwich on March 29.
Saturday, April 1, 2023 from 9:30am - 1:00pm- Lower Southampton Township Veterans' Expo- at the Neshaminy Activity Center (1842 Brownsville Road, Feasterville, PA 19053)- hosted by the Lower Southampton Veterans' Advisory Council
Helpful Links for Veteran Services:
- Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick Veteran Information Page
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Bucks County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Washington Crossing National Cemetery
- American Legion Post Doylestown- Post meets 1st Monday of the Month at 7:00pm.
- VFW Doylestown Post
- YMCA Bucks County Veterans Wellness Program
- Veteran's Thrift - 256 Commerce Circle Bristol, PA- All Military Members (Past or Present) can go and take advantage of the things that have to offer.