The Doylestown Township Department of Parks and Recreation offers a variety of services and activities to residents and visitors. Over 30 miles of trails wind through Doylestown Township and are suited for a variety of activities including walking/running and bilking.
The park system provides wonderful opportunities for residents and visitors to explore and enjoy. Our 400 acres of dedicated parks and parkland include 7 parks that range in size from 6 to 140 acres. Our parks are diverse and offer both active and passive areas and include both organized and self-directed activities and special events, wildlife/plant observation and interpretation. Active pursuits such as hiking, biking, exercise, tennis, Pickleball, and other recreational pursuits are also enjoyed.
Telephone & Email Directory
Karen A. Sweeney
|Director of Parks & Recreation
|Director of Operations
|Recreation Program Manager
Mission, Vision, Core Values
Our Commitment to You
As residents and customers you deserves the best possible service, programs and facilities! Doylestown Township Parks and Recreation department, promises to do everything possible to serve you cheerfully and respectfully by providing clean, safe facilities; enjoyable, safe programs; and timely and effective services, which includes, listening and responding to your suggestions and concerns.
To provide a comprehensive system of quality parks, open space, recreation facilities and trails, while efficiently and responsively offering programs and events which enhance personal development, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage community involvement and collaboration, and foster environmental stewardship. To responsibly manage parks, facilities, and the natural environment to protect and maintain Park and Recreation assets.
We envision a comprehensive system of vibrant community parks, diverse recreational facilities, sustainable park resources and engaging programs, that contribute to healthy individuals and families, an active and engaged community and an enhanced quality of life for current and future generations.
- Excellence: Striving to set the standard for quality programs, parks and services through leadership, vision, innovation, and dedication to our community.
- Customer Service: Exceeding customer expectations through responsive and respectful service delivery.
- Sense of Community: Providing facilities and programs that encourage personal connections and relationships.
- Enrichment: Enhancing lives and promoting connectivity and engagement through resources, education, and programs.
- Environmental Stewardship: Preserving and conserving cultural, natural, and historical resources through education, conservation, and sustainable practices.
- Health & Wellness: Providing and promoting healthy lifestyle opportunities.
- Accessibility: Reducing physical, social, and other barriers to our programs, facilities and services.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Enhancing a park system that reflects the diversity of our community.
- Collaborations and Partnerships: Fostering and maintaining partnerships with individuals and organizations that benefit the community.
- Safety: Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all employees and those who utilize our parks, facilities and programs.