Doylestown Township Municipal Authority has two online bill payment options.
Pay online or sign up for automatic withdrawals.
*By clicking the button, you will be redirected to make a one-time online payment through a third party payment site. And, please note that there is a third-party convenience fee are associated with paying your bill online or by phone.
A convenience charge is assessed directly by the company processing your electronic payment(s), the Authority does not collect any fee for this service.
- Water bills from DTMA are red, white and blue and have the DTMA logo on them.
- Some DTMA customers receive a water bill from DTMA and a sewer bill from Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority. Sewer bills from Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority are green in color. If you have specific questions about your sewer bill, please contact BCWSA at 215-348-2538.
Bills are sent out quarterly at the end of the month (December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30)
andare due by January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31.
- A 10% penalty for late payments is added after 12:00 noon of the following business day.
- If the bill date should fall on a weekend/holiday, the due date is the next business day.
- For your convenience, payments can be made over the internet or by phone with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or electronic check.
- Please note, third party convenience fees are associated with paying your bill online or by phone. A convenience charge is assessed directly by the company processing your electronic payment(s), the Authority does not collect any fee for this service. Known convenience fees are posted on the Water Bill linked.
- Any returned payment, due to insufficient funds, are subject to an Authority processing charge of $35.00 dollars.
Customers that have not paid their water bill with penalties and/or processing charges in full by the forty-fifth (45) day from the Billing date, will receive a Rapid Response courtesy call as reminder the Authority has not received payment for services rendered. Customers still not having paid funds owed the Authority at the sixty day mark from the Billing date will receive a second Rapid Response phone call announcing the account is now sixty (60) days past due and procedures for water shut off have begun.
Customers still in arrears sixty (60) days from the Billing date, will be served a ten (10) day notice of Water Shutoff for failure to pay for services rendered in the time allowed. Such notice may be served by phone, mail or hanging such notice on front door or mailbox of the property being served and in arrears. Such notice shall state the amount owed and the date full payment will be accepted prior to shutoff. It shall also state the date, time and address of the water service to be shutoff.
Once water bills (including arrearages, penalties and processing charges) are paid in full, water will be turned on with payment of a fifty ($50.00) dollar turn-on fee.
The Authority rules and regulations allow billing of tenants at the request of the property owner. The Authority provides duplicate billings to keep the property owner as well as the tenant informed of the costs of the services provided. It is ultimately the property owners responsibility for payment of all services provided should the tenant fail to pay for such services.
Have your realtor or abstract company contact DTMA with the settlement date so we can finalize your water bill at settlement. Your realtor should handle all this for you.
New or existing dwellings needing public water should:
- Contact DTMA at 215-348-9915 to see if public water is available. If not, obtain a well permit from the Doylestown Township Code Enforcement Department.
- If there is public water available, obtain a fee schedule from the DTMA office and pay applicable service and tap in fees upon requesting a public water connection.
Either way, obtain a plumbing permit from the Code Enforcement Office hire a reputable contractor who is licensed by the Township. Meters may be purchased at the DTMA office located at 425 Wells Road, Doylestown.
When bills are processed, they are reviewed for unusual usage. In the event we would need to notify you of high usage, please be sure that the office has a contact number available for your account. Please keep in mind, DTMA does not have the ability to monitor customer usage on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. All meters are read on a quarterly basis unless prior arrangements have been made to monitor usage for the property.