Consumer Fireworks are now legal in Pennsylvania.
According to the Pennsylvania State Police consumers can now purchase and use “Class C” or “consumer grade” fireworks that include firecrackers, Roman candles. bottle rockets, and similar fireworks that contain a maximum of 50 milligrams of explosive material.
Q: Who can purchase fireworks?
Anyone 18 years of age or older can purchase them.
Q: What are the restrictions on where they can be used?
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Information provided by the PA Sate Police.
Find more information at https://www.psp.pa.gov/public-safety/pages/fireworks-safety.aspx
Doylestown Township Residents and the Restrictions on Consumer Fireworks
Doylestown Township has restrictions on Consumer Fireworks.
Fireworks may be set off for half-hour periods during the times of 5pm-10pm on…
- New Years Eve *Beginning at 11:45 pm
- New Years Day *Beginning at 12:15 am
- Chinese New Year
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Special Events
- Wedding, anniversaries, milestorn birthdays. (These events must be granted by the Board of Supervisors at least 30 days prior to the event).
Violations & Penalties
This ordinance will be enforced by Doylestown Township Police.
Citations may be issued but will not exceed $1000.00. Any person who violates the ordinance may be issued a citation, however, nothing herein limits the Police ability to act under other valid law(s) of the commonwealth having application.
Click Here to read the complete Ordinance by visiting the Online Access to the Code of Doylestown Township.