On Friday, April 3, 2020 Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf on Friday called on all residents to wear masks if they must leave the house.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention encouraged Americans to wear a cloth mask or face covering while in public. Many people are turning to DIY (do it yourself) to create these masks. Here are some tips from the Bucks County Emergency Services.
- Understanding the Difference: Homemade Masks
- How To Make a Facemask
- Homemade Mask Guidance
- Homemade Mask Face Sheet
- Bucks County Health Department
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Environmental Protection Agency
- American Water Works Association
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items
- Contain: if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better