July is National Park and Recreation month! We want to show the community all the fun, games, and excitement our Parks and Recreation Department offers. Anything from summer camps, to sports leagues to concerts in the park, Doylestown Township’s Park and Rec. department offers it all!
We will spend the month of July highlighting all the great things our department offers to all ages and abilities. Its “Game On” with Doylestown Townhip’s Park and Recreation Department!
Did you know?
General Key Messages
- Since 1985, Americans have celebrated Park and Recreation Month in July to promote the importance of parks and recreation in health and wellness, conservation and social equity, and to recognize the thousands of park and recreation employees that maintain our nation’s local, state and community parks.
- Through efforts by NRPA, the U.S. House of Representatives passed an official resolution for Park and Recreation Month in 2009 and introduced the resolution in 2017 and 2018.
- Park and recreation agencies across the country are recognizing the month with summer programs, events, contests, commemorations and celebrations.
- Park and recreation services are vital for our communities — from protecting open space and natural resources, to helping fight obesity and providing activities and resources for all walks of life — Park and Recreation Month encourages everyone to reflect on the exponential value parks and recreation brings to communities.
2019 Key Messages
- This July, explore all the fun and games offered in local parks and recreation! With everything from summer camps to sports leagues and special events, there are plenty of ways to get in the game.
- July is the perfect time to get out and see the great things happening at your local parks and recreation centers and meet the people who make it all happen.
- It’s Game On at your local parks and recreation center! We’re celebrating Park and Recreation Month with the National Recreation and Park Association by highlighting all of the great ways to play and have fun with us this July.
- NRPA encourages all people that support parks and recreation to share the fun, games and other exciting things offered at their parks and recreation centers with the hashtag #GameOnJuly.
- For more information visit www.nrpa.org/july.
Information provided by NRPA
- Sign up for a summer program, sports camp or class.
- Visit the various parks located in Doylestown Township.
- Central Park
- Turk Park
- Bridgepoint Park
- Sauerman Park
- Doylestown Dog Park
- Play tennis or pickle ball at Central Park.
- Become a member of the Doylestown Dog Park.
Visit doylestownrec.com for more!